Built by R & A Lister, works number 37366, this was built as a petrol-engined loco in 1951 for the Keymer Brick & Tile Co Ltd of Maidenhead in Sussex. This company, later known as the Maidenhead Brick & Tile Co Ltd, operated an 18" gauge line at their works until 1965. After closure of the line, the loco, by now fitted with a diesel engine, was sold to dealers M.E. Engineering of Cricklewood, who regauged it to 2' and resold it in 1966 to the Boothby & Penicuik Peat Co of Hethersgill, Cumbria.
Here it remained for over thirty years until exchanged for another locomotive with dealer Alan Keet of Herefordshire, who in turn disposed of it to Brian Gent. Brian then resold it to a consortium ot three SGLR members. It arrived in Derbyshire in July 1998 in a dismantled state and is currently being regauged back to 18" and reassembled.